Bananas are very popular fruits and are consumed in large numbers the world over. They are loved because of their numerous health benefits to the human body. The following are 10 amazing reasons why you should include more bananas in your meal plans:
1. Bananas are good sources of soluble fiber. The fiber absorbs water while in the digestive system slowing down digestion. This subsequently leaves one feeling full for longer and therefore it helps in weight management.
2. Bananas are good sources of energy. Eating them in the morning will give you sufficient amounts of energy throughout the day. They also help give energy if eaten before a workout or after strenuous exercise.
3. Bananas help in regulating blood pressure because they are rich in potassium. This in turn helps in reducing the risk of stroke and maintaining the normal functioning of the heart.
4. Bananas contain the essential amino acid called tryptophan. This nutrient helps in improving memory, reducing erratic mood swings and reducing depression.
5. Bananas also contain pectin, which helps to stop constipation and improves bowel functions. They contain fiber which helps in the movement of food throughout the digestive system.
6. Bananas are recommended for treating diarrhea because they provide potassium. Potassium is one of the electrolytes lost during severe diarrhea and consuming bananas helps to replenish them thereby providing the affected person energy.
7. Bananas help in protecting the lining of the stomach against ulcers. They aid in the secretion of thick protective mucus which protects the stomach lining from harmful acids which would otherwise cause ulcers. They therefore act as antacids and can help to reduce heartburn.
8. Bananas are also good sources of iron. They help in the production of hemoglobin necessary for all body functions. It is advisable for women to eat bananas during their monthly menstruation as they help in replenishing lost blood and reducing menstrual pain.
9. Bananas help in keeping the skin smooth and glowing. This is because they contain Vitamin C. They help in fighting wrinkles and can be used to make face masks and applied on the face for a smoother skin. They can also be used to make body scrub to scrap off dead skin cells and make the skin glow.
10. Bananas help in reducing itchiness caused by insect bites. The inside part of the banana peel is gently rubbed on the bitten area of the skin and soon the itchiness and swelling stops.
With all these amazing benefits, nutritionists recommend that more bananas be included in diets. The benefits improve the overall health of the body as well as making the skin more beautiful. In addition, they can be used to make hair treatments like shampoos to make the hair more shiny and healthy looking.